LAST UPDATED March 28, 2016
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, includes by way of example:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Country of residence
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites: We may collect Personal Information through the Sites, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact our customer service department.
- From Other Sources: We may receive Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Complied Information: The Personal Information you provide through the Sites may be combined with Personal Information and Other Information that you provide to us (via online or offline means), that is publicly available, or that we may otherwise obtain online or offline, including, for example, from providers of demographic and other information, social media platforms and other third parties.
How we may use Personal Information
Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies collects and may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users base as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic email: The email address will be used to respond to their inquiries, and to send administrative information to you information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase; to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send invitations to participate in special programs.
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and tailored offers.
- To allow you, when offered, to participate in polls, sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so it is important that you read the additional rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Sites. By using this functionality you are telling us that you are authorized to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address, phone number, or other contact information.
- To allow you to contact and be contacted by other users through the Sites, as permitted by the applicable Site.
- To permit you to participate on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which You are able to post information and materials (including our Social Media Pages).
- To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds.
- For our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside the United States; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside the United States; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for our users. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem)
Choices and Access
We give you several choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
- If at any time you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us, please let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section, or by using the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received. In your request, please indicate that you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us.
- If you have an account with us, you may make changes and updates on the account profile page by logging into your account through the Site and making such changes. Any changes you make on your account profile page through the Site will be reflected on that same Site.
- In addition, we will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including our subsidiaries, for the third party's direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information not be shared with third parties for that purpose. If you would like to submit such a request, please just let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please clearly indicate that you request that the Company not disclose your Personal Information to Company subsidiaries and/or other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Please note that changes may not be implemented or become effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
To review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please email, call or write to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contacting Us” section and clearly describe your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. Further, please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Use of Sites by Minors
The Sites are directed only to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent and we request that all other individuals (including individuals under the age of 13) not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Sites you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than the United States.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Freudenberg Oil & Gas Technologies
10035 Brookriver Drive, Suite 400 Houston, Texas 77040 USA
+1 281 233 1400